CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving week

As Thanksgiving draws near, I am not thinking so much about the turkey or stuffing. I am thinking about my game plan for BLACK FRIDAY!

I know that some of you are terrified of Black Friday and the images that fill the news stories of one crazed shopper knocking out another for the hot toy of the year or some woman getting trampled because she was just too slow. Running sneakers people - running sneakers! Ohhh, that's so funny. I am (of course) just kidding.

While we have witness the humor of a few redneck events, we have not seen anything that would scare us from going back. Year after year, we set the alarm for the 3:00 range and head out.

I must admit that pulling yourself out of bed and getting into the cold car at that hour are typically not too fun, that all changes when you meet up with the crowds that have gathered all in the hope of snagging the great deals. It's so much fun.

The first year that my husband was able to go with me, I thought that I was going to have to take him right back home before we even parked the car at the first store. He was already facing the escalation of blood pressure when I had to tell him that he needed to get control and just have fun with it. If you take it too seriously, you will, without a doubt, feel the stress. Ever since, he has gone with me year after year and it's always been a blast.

Getting deals is not the only fun of Black Friday. We are born "People Watchers" and I can tell you that if you are a people watcher too, there is no better day to get your fill! There are some of the most interesting people ever out on this day. I don't know where they come from, but it makes for great entertainment.

This year, we are on the hunt for a great TV sale. If you know of a super bargain on a 32" tv, I am ready to hear about it. We are looking for the best bang for your buck kind. While we don't want to spend a ton, we don't want to skimp on quality either.

I am off now to scan the ads and see what awaits my shopping adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment